It is mostly a tar road. The last 150m is a rough and rocky mud road. Please do drive extremely slow on this stretch.
How long is the Drive from Parking lot to Destiny?
It takes about 20 minutes.
How is the 20 min drive from Parking lot to Destiny?
The road is a rocky road and the ride is Bumpy. Part of our Adventure begins here.
What kind of vehicles is used for the shuttle?
We use a 4*4 Army truck / 4*4 Jeep at an extra cost.
Is this drive safe?
We have taken all precautions within our control to ensure that the ride is safe.
Do you have any special Transportation for Senior People, Physical disabilities or impairments?
Please let us know in advance so we can arrange for transportation in our jeep as they are less bumpy.
What frequency is the shuttle service from the parking lot to Destiny or vice versa?
Every one hour on both sides.
From where can you pick the guests?
We have a travel desk that can pick you up from all nearby places like Coimbatore/Mysore/Bangalore etc. Please call reservations for details.
Which is the right time to Visit Destiny?
We work round the year. The climatic conditions are as follows -
- June - October: Rainy season (rains in patches unless there is a depression in which case it rains incessantly)
- November - February: Winter season (clear days and nights, crisp weather, very cold nights)
- March - May: Summer season (warmer days and nights but you will still need a sweater in the night and early morning)
In rainy weather one can carry umbrellas and very warm clothing. Trekking boots and shoes would be nice to explore the area.
How can I book my reservation in Destiny?
Please call our central reservation office 0423-2244000 (9.30 am to 8 pm) or mobile no. +91-9443052890
Do you have an online reservation system?
How will my booking get confirmed?
Once your Payment is processed.
What is the Mode of Payment for Confirmation?
You can book on the website or you can deposit the payment into our a/c or you can give us your credit card details.
Will I get a confirmation Mail?
Yes. A confirmation mail will be sent along with the map & driving directions from Ooty to Destiny.
What if I need help on my way to destiny with direction?
Please call 0423 - 2900500 / 2595555 /2595959
Can my Driver stay with me in the resort?
No. Drivers accommodation is provided in the parking lot.
Is there a meal facility for Drivers?
All meals will be served to the drivers at an extra cost. Please talk to the Reception.
What is the check in and check out time?
Check in time is at 12.00 noon, check out is at 11.00 am.
How early can I check in and check out?
Depends on the availability of rooms. Please talk to the Reception desk for details.(0423-2900500)
Is there a time limit to reach?
You can check in at any time but we suggest that you reach by 7pm to our parking lot since the approach road is rough.
Till what time is lunch served?
Lunch will be served till 3.00 pm. From 3.05pm snacks will be served in the restaurant.
What are the documents must I carry to the resort?
Reservation confirmation voucher, a valid government issued photo ID proof, and the route map!
What type of rooms are available in Destiny?
Standard, Deluxe, Superior, Luxury & Honeymoon suite.
What is the difference between the rooms?
- Standard room – Adjacent rooms in the ground floor with living Area , bedroom, bathroom and common balcony and facing the lake and valley.
- Deluxe room – Spacious room, 2 rooms comes lake facing near standard room in the ground floor and 3 deluxe rooms comes in the Annex block 100 meters away from the restaurant with valley view without balcony.
- Superior room – The new room same size of the standard room on the first floor on top of standard room with independent open balcony with memorable view of lake and valley
- Luxury room – Spacious room with fireplace, 4 rooms in the main Block with lake and valley and 3 have glass closed balcony, 1 room open balcony without fireplace and 4 rooms in the Annex block on top of 3 Deluxe room will have panoramic view of valley with common open terrace balcony.
- Honeymoon Suite – The compact Room with fireplace in the main block with glass closed balcony and the view of lake and valley
All rooms come with intercom and coffee/tea makers. Heaters are not provided as part of the room. They can be hired at an extra charge.
Do the rooms have televisions?
We don’t have televisions in our rooms in order to promote outdoor activities. We do screen important events/matches on a large screen in the conference room
Will I get cell phone connectivity in Destiny?
Yes, if you are a BSNL, Vodafone, Airtel or Reliance customer you will have phone connectivity in few designated places. Rest of the carriers may catch up in certain areas only.
Is there a cottage in Destiny?
No. All rooms are in 3 Blocks, Block-A, Block B & Annex Block or New block.
Is there any difference between the accommodation blocks?
The annex is about 100m from the main block. It has a view of the mountains and the farm, but not the lake. The rooms are much bigger than the main block.
What is the distance of the new block or Annex Block from the restaurant?
The Annex block is 100m from the main block (where restaurant is situated).
How many rooms are in Block A, B, and Annex Block?
Block A has 8 + 10 rooms, Block B has 10 rooms and Annex has 7 rooms.
How many can stay in a room?
All our rooms are double occupancy rooms. An extra bed can be requested for all the rooms.
Do all the rooms have a fireplace?
No, only Luxury rooms have a fire place.
What are the additional amenities that Destiny offers?
- Multicusine restaurant (Indian, Chinese, Tandoor & Continental)
- Wi Fi at Compass Point
- Room service/BBQ by lake
- Meeting room/Conference room/Dance floor
- Live Barbeque
- Library/Games room/Kids play area
- Tea/coffee makers in rooms
- Laundry service on request
- Mock tail bar
What are the extra activities that Destiny offers?
We offer activities like Camping by the lake, Night out - Tent experience, Natural rock, Artificial climbing wall, Agri tour, Jungle trek, jeep rides, Toda village visit etc.
Where does one fish? Can one go fishing in the lake?
One can fish in a pond at Destiny. Fishing in the lake is prohibited by law
Do you need permission to get into the reserve forest?
Yes, you need permission from the forest department.
What is included in the package?
Complimentary breakfast, short trek, fishing, horse riding, dairy farm tour, indoor games, kids play zone, library, bonfire, and use of golf putting green.
Will someone guide me about the activities in Destiny?
Yes. Holiday activity or Reception will do a short orientation about the resort once you Check In.
Can we pick fruits and vegetables from the farm?
No. We have something called as Farmers Market. If you want to participate in the activities of the farm please get in touch with reception.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Cancellation received 15 days prior to check in date - 95% refund (a service charge of 5% will be applicable on the advance amount)
- Cancellation received between 14 to 7 days prior to check in date - 45% refund (a service charge of 5% will be applicable on the advance amount)
- Less than 7 days prior to the check in date - No Refund
- Any amendments to bookings will attract a 5% service charge of Advance amount and Cancellation policy as applicable
Will there be any charges if I check out before the scheduled date?
Yes, Checking out before schedule date will attract cancellation charges.